View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperondubz View Post
the resistor pack on the driver side near the shock tower is missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
I just noticed you're mention of the resistor pack... if you mean the injector resistor pack, 89+ N/As run high impedance injectors and as such do not use this. If you're referring to the fuel pump resistor and relay then yes, it is possible that you are running excessively rich.
The missing resistor pack isn't your issue. If you had low impedance resistors and no resistor pack the injectors' coils would burn up... but 89+ N/As all have high impedance (denoted by the green tops (which, sadly, sometimes do fade to a yellowish color)).

So this issue is only happening when the car is going into idle? I'd continue working on the code 14 (wiring and ECU remain suspect if the igniter and coil are good) and also check the Coolant Temp Sensor, ISCV and TPS when the engine is hot. Try checking the diagnostic codes when the engine is hot as the code 51 is not a stored code.... it clears once the error condition is no longer present.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote