View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

bradenman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbophil View Post
Hi you dont say what engine I take it it's a 1j, a 3" system will loose power down low and not make any more up top than a 2.5" system, we dont use 3" untill the motor makes over 500Hp, make up your mind if you want to be into fashion or power. forget about shiney "Look At My" bits they wont work well on the street.I have a 91 r spec with full GReedy set up, Trust Headers, TD07 ARC intercooler and all the rest of the best bolt on's from japan. It's a dog down low and while great fun, is not a streetable car (triple plate etc) Buy parts that will work for what you what if it to show off but the shiney bits. Phil

Where there's a Phil There's a way
No I have a mk3 supra the standard engine for the mk3 is the 7m series. I have a 7mgte.

Sorry it took me so long to reply I wasn't notified that someone posted.

That's funney iv heard the opposite everywhere iv been. On a turbo cxar biger is better to allow the exhaus to escape faster and to alow scavenging to occure in the piping. The more free your downpipe and exhaust is the faster your spool is because there is leas back preasure. The faster you can spool up the quicker you get your power. I have also been told that you can see gains of 1-3 psi and 30+ horsepower just from a 3" high flow exhaust.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please

1995 NIssan altima with 2 year old pant on black Drag DR-8 17x7 Wheels with brand new Goodyear Eagle GT's
Custom Blue Parking lights with White silverstar head lights
JDM Ebay Catback Exhaust.
K&N air filter.
(Totaled Due To An Idiot)

bone stock (for now) 1990 Supra Turbo With a brand new CT-26 Turbo And New Exhaust Manifold. Now With A Brand New Blown Head Gasket

Now driving a 99 Nissan Maxima 5spd with the passanger side bashed in from passing out at the wheel nice cars ehh??
bradenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote