Thread: MKIII value
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 01:31 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Without pics and a complete list of what's been removed I won't even guess a ball park range... most people won't. I actually prefer to avoid these kinds of threads altogether.

Here are a few things you need to consider before making an offer though:
How much will a replacement engine cost you?
Will you be doing the installation or paying a shop to do it?
Are you going to buy a rebuilt engine, rebuild it yourself, pay to have it rebuilt or just throw in a used one and pray?
What other components may need replaced? Such as vacuum hoses, intake piping, air flow meter, radiator, coolant hoses, flywheel, clutch and so on... get a COMPLETE list of what's missing and add to it the items which are present but may need replacing just due to age.

In my area the pricing of N/A's varies a lot... anywhere from $500 to $2500 for running cars. I've seen flawless N/A chassis without engine or transmission sell for about $2000 on CL (but who knows what price they settled on when the buyer showed up with cash and started making lower offers).

If you're going to be paying a shop to do all the work, I strongly advise you just wait and buy a complete car that's in good working order.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote