View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
Off Road SHO
Stock

Off Road SHO is on a distinguished road
Default A really weird request.

I know you guys will probably think I'm nuts but I'm building a little tube chassis car and I'm wanting to use the front and rear subframes from a 1990 Supra Turbo. The problem is I didn't measure the angle that these subframes sit in the car, before I dismantled everything.

I will be mounting them so that the wheelbase is the same as stock, 102.2". What I need to know is their angle, front to back.

Is there someone here that can park their 3rd gen (1990 preferred) on a level surface and get an angle measurement on some part of the front and rear? On the front, maybe the two large bolts that mount the subframe to the unibody? On the rear anywhere top or bottom that you can get an angle guage on easily; I have the subframes on a large assembly table.

I know this is blasphemy here but since I didn't get the inline six that came with this shell, I'll be using the Yamaha V-6 out of an SHO Taurus. I am really familiar with the SHO motor and even have one in my off road car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXlsi_VeMGo

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Duh! I must of had a brain fart. The rear would need the pinion flange perpendicular to the ground right? That solves the back sub frame part. Can anybody help on the front subframe angle.

Tom

Last edited by Off Road SHO; 03-01-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Off Road SHO is offline   Reply With Quote