View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 08:46 AM   #11
Poodles
12psi boost

Poodles is on a distinguished road

Bah, spend your time and money on making more power :lol: OK, so I'm a baby and like my creature comfort...

The biggest things i can think of to remove is the spare tire and jack, back seat, don't put subs in it (duuuuh, they're HUGE HEAVY MAGNETS), and that will trim you down a bit. Aluminum one piece drive shaft will be stronger and lighter than the stock part. If you lighten the flywheel you lose a bit of the torque from the spinning mass on hookup and between shifts. I'd focus more on pulling out power from the engine, don't run your A/C when you race, get an electric fan, get the underdrive pulley for the crank (it's lighter than stock too), ect... though you're likely to get more gains from simply adding more boost, then intake and exhaust.

Keep in mind, these cars can pull something like .87g's off the showroom floor in the mid 80's on CRAP tires and stock suspension, upgrade it and you'll likely pull far more.

That's where I'd put my focus if I was either drag racing or road racing, making things out of carbon fiber is more expensive than simply adding more power on these cars...
Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote