View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #10
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Skip the fuel rail, the stocker is sufficient for around 500HP IIRC.

Skip the TB, the stock intake isn't large enough to support bigger and there aren't any aftermarket intakes available for the GE... besides, it won't carry over to the GTE and a larger intake = slower air velocities; You don't want that on a N/A.

Spectre is crap.... I thought you were trying to UPgrade? Read this: http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...-location.html There are more threads about the matter here as well, just don't have the time to dig them up. Two filters not covered in that review are AEM's DryFlow and Amsoil's EaO... The DryFlow is less expensive than both the Apex'i and Amsoil, uses newer tech than the Apex'i and supposedly filters close to as well as the Amsoil.

I wouldn't do anything to make a N/A louder... It's annoying and everyone with a decent build knows you're just over compensating.

Intake hard pipe? Depends on what you're using it to replace... The only things in the stock intake tract that can be improved are the accordion hoses could stand to be replaced with smooth couplers. Also, if you insist on installing metal, consider getting it ceramic coated or wrapping it with heat wrap to keep the intake cooler, aluminum lets more heat in faster than the stock plastic. As mentioned in the thread I linked to above, keep the air filter OUT OF THE ENGINE BAY!

The resonator (big plastic bulb in the middle of the intake) is a Helmholtz resonator. It removes oscillation from the in coming air; This causes two things: quieter intake and better and more consistent airflow. Despite the claims of the ignorant, it is NOT a restriction of any sort and has been shown in dyno testing to provide gains in HP... or rather its removal has been proven to cause losses.

I like the MAFT Pro. As far as piggy back controllers go, it's my favorite. It allows you to run s/d, has a built in boost controller, has timing control capabilities, integrates with a wideband (I run a LC-1 wideband with it) and it will work with GE and GTE electronics.... Oh, and there are only two people running it with 7M-GE electronics... so, there's bragging rights, I guess.

Wideband, don't forget the wideband.

Also, if you don't have a LSD, add it to the list.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote