View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
TripleC
3" Exhaust

TripleC is on a distinguished road

SO S### hit the fan on Friday when i went home. I looked at the project at hand and with more light realized that the worst that could have happened did. Subframe Broken in Half.Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken Subframe 002.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	2803
So since this is going to be my Drift car and sometimes Daily vehicle i figured i will just weld the subframe back together and Fix the broken Cap for the Square nut thats in the subframe. i welded a nut to a piece of Steel and fit it into the Frame which worked perfectly and i put the circle that i cut witht he hole saw and filled in the gaps (plus i laid down a little extra metel for good looks. LOL). I had to do the same thiing to the other side as it was originally like this (past owner never fixed) and definetly added to the broken subframe i had. I used a Grade 8 Washer from Home depot to fill the hole this time which was easy'r then the orignal frame and thicker. (i finished this entire project in about 6 hrs)All in all I am going to drive it hard this week after the snow melts and see if i can get the frame to crack again if it does i will reweld it again and put in some extra metel in to get it to hold the subframe together.
1JZGTE ,R154, Hallman Boost Controller, HKS bov, HKS Mushroom top Air Filter, HKS Front Mount Intercooler, Greedy Turbo Timer, PLX300 AFC, Custom Divorced Y-pipe, Custom Intercooler Pipeing, RS-R Concept Exhaust, Optima Red Top Battery, Strut bar Brembo Rotors, A1 Traction arms, Megan Coilovers, Stern ST 2 wheels rear 265x30 r19 - front 245x35 r19, New Front Lip, 18 x 8 and 18 x 9 MRR HR2 with whatever for Drift treads
2 additional C12A turbo's(Extra)
TripleC is offline   Reply With Quote