View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 02:26 AM   #89
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

bradenman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Living near a high school, I've come to hate people like you... but N/A hondas with gutted cats and 3" exhausts are MUCH louder than most turbo'd cars... little f@#$ers.

It's a trade off... you still get much better response from the turbo... a DDP doesn't make you any more power.

It's just a regular type 3" DP... I'm planning on adding an upgraded/segmented elbow and just keeping it.

Yeah, until I get together enough cash to send in one of my others for a rebuild.

EDIT: A DDP isn't going to make any additional noise when you're not boosting though. Stay light on the throttle when driving residentially and you're fine.
i live near a high school also my car isnt really that loud the neighbors were like whos car is making all the noise. i just moved in at the time and being curious i guess. theres a lowered N/A honda civic Hatchback around here it sounds like a giant mosquito being amplified through a coffee can lol

The pipes i was looking at had the turbo elbow built into the DP. Do you think i should get one with a flex section in it also??

the guys at powerfab said they could make me a 3 Inch custom catless exhaust from turbo back with v-band connectors for around $1100. thats about the price of a full exhaust from suprastore with the TSM DP.

deffinatly going to go with a divorced or semi divorced DP. just dont know which and which brand to trust. i heard Bic had soem nice ones but i havnt heard of them before.
bradenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote