Thread: weird boosting?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:04 AM   #4
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

I think i was a bit hasty to post. saying you lost some boost is another story. a boost leak will generally allow you to boost to your set goal depending on the severity of the leak. but will start to drop off once the goal is reached. dropping 4psi of boost overnight is a different concern. i would still check for leaks. check your piping and reconnect anything loose.
a boost down tester will generally cost about 20 dollars for the gauge. install it and pump compressed air into it. then check for hiss's. fill a spray bottle with soapy water and check for bubbles on all hoses that hold boost.
I would also check the usual suspects. clogged intake/exhaust. and a worst case scenario just to scare you is your turbo is nearing failure and your MAP ecu is cutting fuel to save it. just kidding (it's real but probably doesn't pertain to you.) I would check for leaks around your gasket and valves. run a compression test. check problems with pcv valve and BPV. Im just thinking out loud basically.

here read this
http://www.fd3s.net/boost_problems.html looked like it had allot of good information in it.

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote