View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 03:03 AM   #1
jaime
Stock

jaime is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Buying a mk3 n/a supra

Hello guys,

I am kinda new to the mk3 supra world so i am not informed about it until a couple days ago that i was offered one and started researching it a little bit. i am going to need advice from you guys on this buy.
A friend of mine offered me his 1987 supra n/a for $1000. He said he's had the car since 1991 and has been garage kept most of the time, that is very well taken care of. It has 140,000 miles and he said the engine has just been rebuilt and that it's still under warranty for a couple more months. I don't recall exactly but i thought i heard him say it was a 89 engine or something like that. it has a 5 speed transmission. Thats all i know, i am supposed to meet with the guy this Friday to check it out. I've been a supra fan ever since i first saw it, and i always wanted one, well a mk4 anyways but i guess i can settle for a mk3 for right now since money is kinda tight. i would definitey want a fast supra but i am kinda lost right now, reading about engines swaps and all that good stuff. First of all is it a good buy? Would it get expensive doing an engine swap? Anything i should check for?
Please guys, talk me in to it or out of it if i should. I need your help!!!

thanks in advance.
jaime is offline   Reply With Quote