View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 03:43 AM   #1
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road
Default upgrading intercooler and pipes: General Questions

hello guys. OK here is something I just wanna bounce off a couple people because I actually have no experience in this department. as I before mentioned upgrading your inter cooler is paramount before adding any other serious numbers, so taking my own advice (I know I'm not the first one to say this but I don't wanna be made a hypocrite) I'm purchasing a larger inter cooler and pipes for it. first question with my new 25X12X3 inter cooler with 3" delta fins (wtf are those!) what sort of fitting issues are going to come up. Will that even be able to mount and allow use of my stock bumper? how hard is it to re locate an oil cooler? (yes getting a larger one but lets skip that part for now) and now onto the pipes.. A universal 3" piping set with couplers and so forth. will that mount onto w/e stock pipes I have left. My basic question is with a larger inter cooler (3" outlet/ inlet) and 3" piping what other things do I need to replace on my stock 92 7mgte? will these even work without tons of fabrication work?
and what exactly is the routing the stock inter cooler pipes? I think I covered them all. expect edits within the next 5 minutes.
as always, thanks in advance
Regards
green7mgte

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote