View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 04:45 AM   #2
kamikazemkiii
3" Exhaust

kamikazemkiii is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongybeanz View Post
Hi, i am looking at buying a new car in about 3-4 months and i was looking at the supra i was just wondering if there are any major things i should really look for? im in the UK and im 22 with 5 years no claims and was thinking of spending around 3-5 thousand maximum. I want one thats not going to cost me an arm and a leg to insure.

I am mainly wondering what model/year should i be looking at with roughly how many miles and what points i should make sure i check before buying, is my budget too low to get a car in decent shape?

my current car is an old mazda mx5 mk1 i like it because its fun to drive, very cheap and extremely reliable. Im not someone who has extensive knowledge of the workings of cars but i can do the things like oil change spark plugs ect, does an old supra take a lot to take care of? or can i treat it like i treat my old mx5?

Thanks for any input you can give me
Personally the 89+ look better to me. Get one that hasnt been melested, retorque the head bolts to around 75lbs and you should be good. Or you could tear it apart and do the MHG route.
kamikazemkiii is offline   Reply With Quote