Thread: Mk3 Supra
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
Kohkelxon
Stock

Kohkelxon is on a distinguished road

Hi to all of you Supra people here.
I've been driving my current car, the Mazda 626 2.0gti almost for a year now, and even though it's a nice ride, I've been starting to look for a different one. And when i recently visited a local car dealer, there was this nice dark blue Toyota just crying for me to buy it It was a -87 3.0 non-turbo with an automatic gearbox, 235000 km's, but looking very well taken care of. I didn't have enough money then to even think about buying it, but he's had it there for a long time (7 years! ), so I might be able to get it reasonably cheap.
What do you guys think, are those 3.0 automatics fast enough for a Supra? Of course I'd really like to have the one with the turbo, (and manual, naturally), but all of them look the same anyway.
So does anyone know how fast they go from 0 to 100km/h (or from 0 -> 60mph, it's almost the same)? Does the 3.0 auto reach 8 seconds, and how about other engines/gearboxes? 1/4 mile doesn't mean anything to me, I have no idea how fast it actually is (here in Finland we only have that 0->100km/h as a measure of acceleration).
And last, but not least, what about fuel consumption? Gasoline is VERY expensive here, ~1.15euros(us dollars) per liter. My Mazda gulps about 8-9 liters/100km, and as a guess I'd say a 3.0 non-turbo manual Supra might be around 13-15 liters?
Oh yeah, and in winter on icy and/or snowy roads, automatic might not be the right choice

If any of you knows anything at all about those things, I thank you in advance.

-Kohkelxon
from the (right now) rainy Finland
Kohkelxon is offline   Reply With Quote