View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 05:24 AM   #34
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

bradenman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesesso View Post
How did your turbo oil line get a hole? When I had to pull the cyl. head off my '90, I gave up trying to get the bolt out and just cut the lines off--big mistake. I thought I'd be able to weld or braze threaded fittings on them for future disassembly, but that didn't pan out.

I ended up buying a used line assembly from someone on this forum.

You need to be aware that nearly all Mk 3 Supras get head gasket leaks--BHG, or blown head gasket. The problem is that Toyota didn't use enough torque on the head bolts. I bought my '90 when it only had 65,000 miles on it and the prev. owner had retorqued the bolts tighter. At ~80,000 the gasket let go between 2 cyls.

If I ever had to replace another head gasket on a turbo Supra I would pull the engine rather than do it in the car, and reinstall as much stuff as I could while the engine was bolted to a stand.

Remove all the oil around the spark plugs, then pull the plugs. Use a good flashlight and look at the top of each piston. They should be dry. If you see water you may as well fix it before you put it back together.
well we had to use a "persuasion tool" and a 3foot screwdriver to get it off and it punctured the line. you wouldnt happen to know here i could get a used one like you did do you? its $186 from the dealership its freakin rediculous.

The headgasket must have been re torqued because all the freakin bolts were hand tight... i was rather pissed off hen i found out. its lasted 237k milesit must have seated right lol

thats hat i did i stuffed shop cloths into the plug wholes untill most of it was gone then i used a socket to get the rest out about 90% came out. i cleaned all the threads and the spark plug gallary before i stuck my new NGKs in
bradenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote