View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #23
gteduck
Intake

gteduck is on a distinguished road

when my 2nd hand import engine was first fitted we put boost up to 15 pound, boost peaked at 3500rpm making about195hp atw, power peaked at 234hp atw but boost dropped quite quickly down to about 10 pound boost at a tick over 5000rpm by then. IT had a slightly wilder tune by playing with cam timing via a vernier cam gear but it was a pig driving in traffic! . ABSOLUTELY NUTS ON OPEN ROAD THO, that made 274hp atw but also was losing boost due to only having 2.5 inch exhaust from firewall back. the timing change also let it rev out ALOT better. but all that being said, i was exspecting it to let go at any time. This engine and turbo were stock apart from EMS,boost controller. it also ran with custom exhaust and bigger fuel pump not factory. if u dont have funds to rebuild be very carefull what u do in your search for power. Compression might not be so good so you could blow out sump seal aswell, I DID !!!!!
FOCUS on Your cooling first, once it starts overheating it tends to have a snowball effect