View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 02:22 AM   #20
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98poop View Post
So i need to put a cooler thermastat in is that it cause thats the first thing im going to do is up the boost
by all means up the boost. it will be no problem! the 7mgte engine is pretty durable. besides the HG low torque spec thing. just like most all turbo engines their built to be beat on. withstand higher pressure then N/a's ect.
but as im repeating. and i should of put this in my long post about BPU's (basic Performance upgrades) that anything above 14 psi will require internal work. but don't take my word for it do what you want. and yes i am airing on the side of caution but by all means pump it up to 15psi w/o forged internals or any sort of upgraded intercooler or radiator, oil cooler. see how long that lasts ya. now im not saying that YOU CANNOT! im just say that I WOULD NOT. but i could be wrong, I could be talking outa my hat. but am I?
i should mention that ive seen first hand what upping your boost too high on a stock engine WILL do.
I understand you wanna hop in and go fast. who dosent? but just because your car can go 55mph right after start up on a 25 degree morning dosen't mean you should. take my advice and get your cooling down atleast. before going over 15psi. get an intercooler i cant stress this enough on how much difference a new one vs a 20 year old one will have on your car.
i feel like im wasting my breath on this. good luck.

here just dont take my word for it
read this.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82119

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Last edited by Green7mgte; 01-23-2010 at 02:36 AM.