View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #3
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

im sure you can find tons of builds just searching few forums for an hour or so. but keep this in mind. start with the basics, then start adding power.
Keep your cool! hot temp reduces power! replacing your stock intercooler should take precedence over any other mods you do first. you can find a nice cheap one for about 80 dollers. the pipes about 100.. stock 7mgte 3" in/outlet with 2.5" pipes. if you plan on adding any good numbers replace your rad NOW! (i just got a new one a few years ago (regular) so i cant justify getting a big ass one just yet.)
Let it breath! more air is more power (so to speak) do some checking on the type of air filter you want. there is a post were our resident guru tells his top 3 in a little snipit. be aware of the placement of your air intake. sucking in hot air is bad. as important as getting air in is getting air OUT! Give it room!
headers, downpipe, cat back exhaust. all these are vital for your let it breath upgrades to hit full potential.
so we have a cool engine! an engine that can breath and exhale adequately, whats left you ask? Your engine is thirsty! Give that bitch something to DRINK! upgrade your fuel filters, once you start pushing high numbers upgrade your fuel pump.
im pushing this build below:
lex afm 550cc injectors. intercooler. apexi s-afc (for tuning) aem eugo wideband (for monitoring a/f mix) air intake. boost controller (set to 10)

installing soon.. headers, downpipe (i cant upgrade to 3"cat back, i just replaced my exhaust about 3 years ago, can't justify it!)
and that my friend is a costly, but pretty basic Hp- a/f - exhaust upgrade.
someone let me know if i missed something
oh then upgrade your turbo get your head machined, (port and polish) metal head gasket. and if you start doing other things to really push out some high numbers. 400+ i would suggest a fuel pressure regulator.
if your running anything over 14psi.. get your internals forged. or be a unhappy camper with a cracked piston! and for god sakes watch your rich / lean mix... rich is better then lean! and unless your boosting over 10. you don't need a blow of valve. the reason i say this is as fallowing. YOU HAVE A STOCK ONE ALLREADY! But let me clarify that if you are running more then 10psi of boost i would get an aftermarket one JUST TO AVOIDE the possibility of a leak. our stock are not ment to handle above stock psi. not saying there not capable. just not ment to. and a leak means your turbo is working harder to compensate and will lead to failure.

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Last edited by Green7mgte; 01-22-2010 at 01:48 AM.