View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

bradenman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
I'm only going to cover a couple point, hopefully someone else will chime in with more info for you.

If you need help with a part, post a picture.

Oil in the plug galley is not unusual when the valve cover gaskets are leaking. That is the most likely source. The other source is the four massive plugs holding down the central cover. Start with getting as much oil out of there as possible with rags and perhaps siphon, then pull the spark plugs and just let the last few drops in each plug recess to empty into the cylinder (I hope there not a lot of dirt in there with the oil). Clean the plugs and wires thoroughly, reinstall the plugs (DON'T OVER TIGHTEN THEM) and run the engine to burn off what drained into the cylinders.

As for the rust, I don't know... The easiest fix IMO would be to cut out what's bad and weld in new sheet... otherwise, if it's more extensive either just cut it all out and weld in a new custom trunk bed or cut one from a chassis at a salvage yard and weld that in.

Check the rear tire wells for rust damage as well.

Your hatch seal is probably leaking if that much water's been accumulating in there.

Yes, cars this old are rarely easy on the wallet.
I havnt checked the fenders verry well yet I will after school and post some pics of the hoses I need

I read some where in these forms that you can takee the allen bolts out of the head and get an oil drain plug gasket and install it with the bolt to prevent leakage into the plug gally.

I'm not really sure if the turbo needs to bew rebuilt or not. I'm sure it does its been in the car sence it was built in the factory 20 years and 237000 miles ago. Tonight were going check the coolant for oil it seemed really dirty and a dark dark green color to it.

The oil/intercooler for the turbo has water in it doesn't it? I'm not sure if its leaking or if the over flow spilt onto it.

Is standard engine degreaser safe for use on the cams and valve covers? I want to spray them down and clean them up with some s.o.s pads and a wire brush.
bradenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote