View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #10
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Do keep in mind that most RTV is "tin cure"; This means the silicone actually requires water to cure. If you lay it on too think the deeper material may never cure. If you need to apply tin cure silicone in a very heavy layer you should place the desired amount of silicone (plus a little extra) into a disposable plastic cup and VERY quickly and thoroughly stir in some water (up to 25% as much as the silicone... I'd go about 10% if you're unsure how quickly it is going to set up. Then apply it quickly as well. If you like having a squeeze type applicator with a nozzle then just put the material in a zip lock freezer bag and cut a tiny bit off one of the corners... now apply as if it were frosting.

and the crowd goes: "Wow, how does he know all this stuff?", "He's incredible (and probably inedible)!", "Amazing!", a woman in the back screams "Have my children!!!!!"... so does a man... gulp.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote