View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

bradenman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Replace the valve cover gaskets first. They're probably stock in which case they've most likely compressed over the years.

You may replace the screws with M6 bolts. The philips head screws were used in order to prevent over tightening and make it easier to service. The torque spec is only 22 INCH lbs. Do not over torque them or they will leak again. Also don't forget to put a small dot of RTV in the corner where the #1 cam cap rises up from the head.

Yes, an exhaust leak before the turbo can cause low boot. Another possibility is a weak spring in the actuator. As far as I know you cannot get a replacement actuator... you can add an aftermarket universal if yu fabricate a custom bracket or you could add a boost controller (a manual boost controller can be built very cheap!). Get the exhaust leak under control first.
Is the #1 cam the one closest to the fire wall or the one closest to the radiator.
How would I go about building a manual boost controller? I. May have the turbo rebuilt by powerfab with a bigger wheel inside for a little more boost and that way I don't have to modify the flange.

Another thing I wanted to know is how do I put a blow off valve in I live the sound of them and would like to incorporate it into the stock set up with aluminum piping instead of rubber hoses. Is this possable with the turbo being internaly wastegated stock from factory? This is my 1st supra and first turbo vehicle please correct me if I make any mistakes this is something I really neeed to learn.
bradenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote