View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Replace the valve cover gaskets first. They're probably stock in which case they've most likely compressed over the years.

You may replace the screws with M6 bolts. The philips head screws were used in order to prevent over tightening and make it easier to service. The torque spec is only 22 INCH lbs. Do not over torque them or they will leak again. Also don't forget to put a small dot of RTV in the corner where the #1 cam cap rises up from the head.

Yes, an exhaust leak before the turbo can cause low boot. Another possibility is a weak spring in the actuator. As far as I know you cannot get a replacement actuator... you can add an aftermarket universal if yu fabricate a custom bracket or you could add a boost controller (a manual boost controller can be built very cheap!). Get the exhaust leak under control first.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote