View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The bypass hose you have there is used when an aftermarket turbo without water cooling... HAH! It's NOT an upgrade! Excellent. Just replace the hoses when you get the chance. You can run the turbo without the water cooling but it'll run hotter (see: efficiency loss) and won't live as long.

EDIT: The lines you have linked to there aren't the ones you need. You need the banjo couplers for the thermostat neck side... What you've posted there is just prettier version of the unused hard pipes in the photo. I'll look up the part numbers for you.

Top fitting: 90404-52033
Lower fitting: 90405-10031 and banjo bolt: 90401-14091

From your pictures though it almost looks like the bypass hose isn't running where it should... hard to tell. It should run to the back side of the thermostat tower/neck. Here's the diagram from the EPC, you're looking at the parts numbered; 16281B and 16333P.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...spx?F=1603&P=2
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 01-14-2010 at 06:38 AM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote