View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 04:08 AM   #15
TonkaTim
Stock

TonkaTim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
What's the full story with this car? Was it parked for an extended period? Driver frequently? Any intermittent symptoms prior? Was any work done on the car recently?

I'm the second owner. I bought it in 1990 with 36k miles. It's garage kept, stone stock. All maintence has been done by me. It's not driven daily -avg 8k a year. Only recent work was an oil change the first of Dec. Last major service was first head gasket & 3rd timing belt around 180k in 2008. Car currently has 197k. Paint still shiny except on bumber covers & mirrors, cloth interior still looks new, some minor wear on the leather trim pieces, wheel, shifter armrest/console cover. Everything works well ('cept the lack of starting for the last 3 days) even the struts on the hood & hatch hold proudly. No leaks squeaks or rattles, everything tight & right.

Hope that helps as far as story & condition of the car. I probably need to replace the tires, good tread but starting to crack on the carcass from age. Toyo Proxies from around '03 or 04.
TonkaTim is offline   Reply With Quote