View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 03:07 AM   #13
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
That at that point I'd get a gauge on the fuel rail and test the pressure.
damnit cre! took the words outa my mouth... (deletes post and starts over)

if you have spark. have compression HAVE FUEL. but not getting spray at the injectors something with your pressure is most fouled.
Possible causes of a fuel-related no start include:

1. A dead fuel pump (could be the pump, pump relay pump fuse or a fault in the pump wiring circuit)
2. A plugged fuel filter
3. Low fuel pressure (weak pump, restricted fuel line, low voltage to the pump)
If the pump runs and generates normal pressure to the engine, but the engine still does not start, the problem may be: 1. No voltage to the fuel injectors (blown injector fuse or bad relay)
2. No pulse signal to the injectors from the PCM (no crank or cam sensor input to the PCM, or a bad driver circuit in the PCM, or a wiring harness problem)
3. A shorted fuel injector (robs voltage from the other injectors so none will operate)

try #3.
i know these are basically shots in the dark. but through this thread and your leg work tim, we eliminated some major culprits. your fuel pump starts. you have some flow. your spark is good and so is compression and timing. running a battery of tests is really the only way to do this.
http://www.aa1car.com/library/fuel_pump_diagnose.htm
The first check would be to check for voltage at the injectors when the key is turned on. No voltage?
Try unplugging the injectors one at a time and cranking the engine to see if it will start. If the engine starts when a particular injector has been unplugged, that's the shorted injector that needs to be replaced.

and find that damn Ohmmeter
if it makes you feel better I haven't been able to bleed my brakes cause my g/f is scared of the cold.. i have allot of air in the line and will prolly take a good 20 minutes of bleeding. but I only get 5 minutes at a time with her in the garage.
Oh and check the voltage at the pump also! let us know on that..
think were wideling down the problems. hopefully

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Last edited by Green7mgte; 01-12-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote