View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road

just something I've noticed over my months browsing cars on CL... if the add seems like a good, great or even unbelievable deal.. it probably is, there's probably SOME reason for it somewhwere... IF the entire ad is a single jpg, it's undoubtedly a scam. The ad is stored as a jpg so as many ads can be created in as many regions as possible. Since the ads don't last very long, it would be impracticle or even a waste of time to type out and create the ad each time. By making a jpg of their ad, they're able to create several ad's before CL flag's one..

Also advisable to know the area and surroundings for the vehicle you're looking for/at... example: I live in Las Vegas... if I see a car on CL covered in snow or in a really woodsy area, I'm highly suspect that it's a scam as none of the terrain around Las Vegas resembles such without driving 30 miles into the mountains.. Finally, if possible, license plates help give an idea where the vehicle might have actually been at time of photo.

Granted, cars are transportable... but odds are still greater that images of the car are more likely to be from the home town, near (if not at) the owner's home.. seldomly might a car be photographed away from her home town.
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote