View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with pwpanas... For a daily I wouldn't be remotely interested.... well, I'd be interested, but I also know better.

I personally would have it dyno'd at my own shop and not on a Dynojet... they're commonly known for providing artificially high numbers due to their "propriety and patented correction formulae...". I'd pay the cash to have is dyno'd myself as people lie and cheat and cut corners and sometimes simply don't know what they're really seeing. There's more to a dyno graph than the peak HP and TQ... a LOT more.

Unverifiable mods don't count as value adders to me.

Returning a car to stock for whether it be a built car or a piece of crap can be equally costly and downright expensive. I'd forget this right now, it'd be cheaper to finish the build which it seems *someone* (don't really know who) had planned and then sell it to someone looking for precisely what it was intended to be.

There are any number of possible reasons for the unimplemented and incomplete mods... I don't care to speculate, but often it's due to: poor planning, unfinished, too many people working on it and not one with the same vision, underlying problems which have not yet been disclosed, and so on.

Smoke from adding fuel with Ethanol in it??? Never heard that one before... I though the Ethanol was added to REDUCE hydrocarbon emissions... sounds more like poor tuning or an oil leak. But I'm admittedly no expert on fuel.

If you need a daily to replace the trade car then you better ask the seller to come down another $1K and buy a crap Honda too.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote