View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #14
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

I belive my problem is the seized caliper top bolt.. at times it is very hard to pivot the caliper up and down due to the top pivot bolt being ungreesed. (wounder how this happened) the otherside slid off just fine. I was looking at how my brakes on both sides work. and on the no problem side of the car the caliper pivots over the break pad and the top bolt (guide) flexes a tad. On the problem side of the car. there is absoulty no play, as i said. my muscle achs from having to pry open the caliper from the torque plate..
I will try to slide the caliper off the top bolt (guide) and re-lub it up, hopefully allowing lateral play, ez future removal. and re-adjusting when i pivot the caliper over the brakes.. problem free side is lubed well.

this thread is becomming to long for such a simple problem. but through reading I learned acouple things.

I removed the caliper still attached to the torque plate and punded out the top bolt with a nice sized ratchet extension. cleaned and re-lubed and re assembled. First with the old rotor then with the new one i just purchased. still having the .5 Cm clearance issue. the bottem bolt on the caliper wont clear the notches in the torque plate. im going to file it down. but might be to tight and make my brakes glaze.

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Last edited by Green7mgte; 01-07-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote