View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
braaaaawp88
Stock

braaaaawp88 is on a distinguished road
Default trading for a supra?

I am pretty uneducated when it comes to supras, but here it goes...so I found this supra on craigslist 1995 Toyota Supra 700whp-76mm Turbo and I figured I would shoot him an offer. I talked to the guy on the phone and received alot of positive information. Car was bought from Redline Performance in NC and all the modifications were installed by them professionally. Carfax is clean and it is in good condition. Went and looked at her today and the body has no dents or anything just a few little nicks and scratches that i could touch up. Car is a monster and runs great but has a few minor flaws that kinda bother me. No AC or radio, speedometer is not hooked up, there are two holes in the dash cause the roll cage was gonna run through there but they ended up deciding not to, leather on the seats reflect the age of the car, and the passenger carpet is in perfect condition just not tucked in, just little things like that that. He said he would fix alot of those If was gonna buy it, but it still bothers me. He said he'd take my STI 2006 Subaru Impreza STI plus $3500 cash for it. I may be able to talk him down lower but we will see. He is asking 31k for his car and I am asking 21k for mine. The KBB for the supra completely stock is $25,700 and mine is $22,700. I feel like I could make money off of this car when I resell it but It would definitely be from a car enthusiast. I paid 19k for my STI about 8 months ago so all I would have to resell the Supra for would be $22,500 and I would not have lost any money. Car is running conservative tunes for what the 2JZ engine is capable of so I am not too worried of engine problems but there is always a chance. What do you guys think, is it a good deal???? and what should I have checked out before I decide to buy it???....he said his roommate works at a car shop so we could go and have the whole car inspected before I buy it.

Thanks, John
braaaaawp88 is offline   Reply With Quote