View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
2Fast2Furious
3" Exhaust

2Fast2Furious is on a distinguished road

When I changed the coolant about a month ago i had to undo the radiator drain plug with plyers because it was impossible to undo it by hand.

I found the block drain plug only after I bought ramps to position the car on but it was impossible to undo it so I left it.

I filled the coolant system up with the 5.2 litres or so of 50/50 water/coolant after I had drained it and ran the engine through because I couldn't get the substantial amount of old coolant drained from the block because the block drain plug was impossible to undo.

I tightened the coolant drainplug by hand after I refilled the system but because I noticed liquid residude coming from the hose pipe that leads from the radiator drain plug (small amount by the why) I tightened it by plyers, the same way I undid it.

I don't see why this seems fecked up to u, afterall if you undo the block drain plug and you are recommended to replace this block drain plug at every coolant interval why should the radiator drain plug being replaced be such a big deal.

Last edited by 2Fast2Furious; 01-01-2010 at 10:54 PM.
2Fast2Furious is offline   Reply With Quote