View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 03:38 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The differences between years in the N/A harness are few (unlike the GTE)... mostly different plugs and the pin out of one or two connectors including the distributor (I've heard '89 in particular was a bit of a fluke year as you will find some plugs are rather mix and match between the new and old styles) starters the injectors are different. The injectors are the biggest difference between the two though. Pre '89 uses low impedance (peak and hold style) injectors the same as the GTE does. This requires a resistor pack to pull down the signal from the ECU... connecting these to a '89+ ECU will destroy them as the '89 and later use high impedance (saturated style) injectors... no resistor. You can get away with running high impedance injectors on a pre89 ECU if you pull the resistor pack, but I don't recommend it, low impedance injectors are much easier to come by.

Please work on your grammar... your post is terribly difficult to read.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote