View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 05:50 AM   #8
mirage83
12psi boost

mirage83 is on a distinguished road

This forum, Supramania, Craigslist, and if you're careful Ebay. I don't recommend getting a JDM engine, as you're likely as not to have to rebuild it in spite of any claims of it being a low-mileage, ready to drop in and run power plant.

There's also a couple of places that offer professionally reman'd units with good warranties, but they are a little pricey most of the time. Your best bet money-wise would probably be finding someone who has a wrecked car and is parting the whole thing out. If the price is right I'd get a whole car and keep it around as a parts vehicle unless it's already been stripped of everything useful.

That is a shame about your engine with it being such a low-miler. And it may not be totally shot. But you're not going to know either way until you either tear it down yourself (ALL the way down) or pay someone to do it. Myself, I'd put it on the back-burner and leave it alone (aside from covering it up from the elements) till you have the spare time and/or money to get into it and for now just concentrate on finding a decent engine to swap into your car.

Last edited by mirage83; 12-28-2009 at 05:54 AM.
mirage83 is offline   Reply With Quote