Thread: 1jz-gtte
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #7
DarkSupra2.5
3" Exhaust

DarkSupra2.5 is on a distinguished road

Well 87TT, to be honest, it's a lot of work to drop in the 1jz. sure you can do it on your own with the right tools and some research, but the wiring is something you don't want to screw up, and the shop you take it to needs to have some knowledge on the 1jz, since it was only made in japan the wiring diagram isn't easy to come by, so you might be out of luck on that. As for the site, I believe both of those are actually the same site for the same company (confusing huh?) but as for finding a different site to help you out, i can't think of any off the top of my head. Try a google search really, or even ebay, i'd trust that more than tiger.

And to answer you suprakidd, it's really about what you want to do with the car. 7mge, 7mgte, 3g, 1jz, 1uz, 2jz, there are a lot of motors that can go in the MKIII that all have there merrits. 7m's are drop in engines as those are the stock engines. And the 1jz has about 3-4 plugs under the dash that need to be re-wired so the engine will run, along with another 1-2 under the hood. The others i have no clue, but you have options. Granted, you can use the 1jz head and wiring, and use a 2jz block as well, making it a 3 liter with a great flowing head, (i wanna do this eventually), but like i said, your options vary.
1jz-gte swap (Currently spun #3 rod bearings), Apexi high flow filter, Greddy thrust 3" downpipe, N1 3" catback with cat delete tube, 1 peice driveshaft, Bar and Plate intercooler, and 440 JDM 2jz injectors.

Possible 2jz lower block swap in the works if I can't rebuild the 1j. So troublesome.
DarkSupra2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote