Thread: 1jz-gtte
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 02:26 AM   #4
DarkSupra2.5
3" Exhaust

DarkSupra2.5 is on a distinguished road

My story with tiger is long and boring, but in short, i was missing parts and it looked like my motor had come from a junkyard and parts were pulled from different engines to make mine. and expensive stuff was still missing, (ecu, wire harness, flywheel.)

My advice, find a reputable company that you can get a BBS report on, and make sure all of the major stuff you may need, (ECU, harness, turbos) you can replace easily with either custom made parts or aftermarket parts.

As for the 2jz. in the end, the only thing that makes that swap so hard is that the ecu wiring is majorly different from the 1jz swap. Essentially, if you're computer savvy, it really shouldn't be that hard, unless you're trying to use the 6 speed V-160, then hoorah for you, i wish u luck.

Feel free to ask any other questions if you do the 1j swap, it's a great engine really, with plently of US parts support if you know where to look.
1jz-gte swap (Currently spun #3 rod bearings), Apexi high flow filter, Greddy thrust 3" downpipe, N1 3" catback with cat delete tube, 1 peice driveshaft, Bar and Plate intercooler, and 440 JDM 2jz injectors.

Possible 2jz lower block swap in the works if I can't rebuild the 1j. So troublesome.
DarkSupra2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote