View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 03:38 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

86.5 + GTE = swap... whether JDM or domestic. Seeing that there is an EGR modulator behind the intake plenum I am not inclined to believe this is a JDM engine... not that it matters; There was no power difference between the two.

I wouldn't worry about swapping anything at the moment, I'd focus on fixing what's broken first. With the exhaust, I'd wait on replacing any one given part until you can afford to just do it all. Otherwise you'll be replacing the 2.5" muffler with a 3" in a year when you upgrade the piping. Also, the stock resonator (like the stock muffler) is a baffled type and as such poses a good deal of restriction. I suggest replacing it with a harmonic resonator (helmholtz resonator); They're free flowing and smooth out the airflow.

Don't just leave the air filter in the engine bay. Add some pipe and extend it up under the headlight or build a box around it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote