View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
StonecoreTx
Intake

StonecoreTx is on a distinguished road
Default got a mk3 for x-mas! good buy?

I'm now a proud owner of a mk3 1986.5 targa turbo. A gift to myself!
I bought it from a guy that injured his left leg and cant drive stick anymore for $1,300US (I don't know what i'd do if I lost my clutch leg) =(
It came with a extra 7mgte head and like 10 pumps(wtr,alt,ac.ect)1.2mhg
He said it has a JDM 7m-gte@130k but the only difference i can tell is that it has black valve covers instead of the 3-red-striped ones,does anyone know? tokiko illumina tems shocks,eibach springs. aftermarket "spearco" intercooler. short shift. hks 1.2 mhg unknown headbolts. the body is pretty bad but the engine is my only concern.

I orderd a n1 can and a r1 filter with maf adapter. I had a question if replacing any other exhaust piping is necessary? can i use stock downpipe back to aftermarket muffler?

My first supra was a stock 89' turbo that bit the dust due to a connecting rod knock *tear* anyone have advice to prevent it from happening again? It had plenty of oil and it's been a mystery. I've read that a oil cooler would help?

I have a extra complete 7m-gte head, hks 1.2mm mhg, 10 misc pumps if anyone is interested, located in central texas.

usdm-jdm difference?