Thread: Stock MKIII
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 03:36 AM   #9
2Fast2Furious
3" Exhaust

2Fast2Furious is on a distinguished road

I want my calipers painted, and because I am styling the outside first before I even start on performance mods and ICE setup I thought heck it I'll get it done now cuz it'll look wicked, why bother painting calipers your not going to use anyway. I was going to be upgrading my braking system and suspension down the line I have just changed the order I am doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krem
I think our cars are only 1 cylinder for brakes... and if you're not racing, I don't really see a point to having a different cylinder for each brake.. Also I remember reading (from many references) that our rotors (especially the fronts) like to warp. Getting drilled rotors, though it looks cool, would probably reduce the integrity of the brake rotors. I understand if any rotor option other than flat rotor is used on the mkIII, it should be slotted and not drilled so you can still have some integrity in the rotors.

To each his own.. but my mkIII won't see any high perf. brake upgrades like that till she's strong enough to actually need them... till then, I, myself, will be saving the money for fixing whatever problematic issue pops up next...
Its not a different cyclinder for each of the four brakes, the brakes on each wheel are all the same, its the pistons on the same brake and each brake that are smaller or larger.

Also if I was getting a Big Brake upgrade that includes rotors and therefore the stock rotors wouldn't be in the equation, the rotors in this package are Brembo rotors the best on the market. If stock rotors warp isn't it clearly a good thing to change the braking system. Getting drilled rotors may reduce the integrity of the overall rotor compared to a none drilled rotor but the dissipation of heat in a drilled rotor is much more beneficial in my opinion when compared to a non-drilled rotor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedknuckles
Drilled and slotted rotors look cool, but spending a ton of money on brakes for better performance is a lost cause on a stock set-up.

Ye I see your points, think brakes when I have my HP up. I'm Irish, I do things arsed ways, lol

NO THUMBS UP ON THE WHEELS THEN OR DO YOU ALL LIKE YELLOW SUPRAS, lol

Last edited by 2Fast2Furious; 12-18-2009 at 04:11 AM.
2Fast2Furious is offline   Reply With Quote