View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 05:44 AM   #7
BillW
Stock

BillW is on a distinguished road
Smile

I received and installed the drive shaft from shaftmasters today. The diameter of the boss going into the differential, and the diameter of the part going into the transmission, as best I could measure with a dial caliper, was the same as the stock one, +/-.001", and by eye, the length was the same. The welds looked ok, but not great. Fit together fine.

I still have a faint vibration / rubble past 70 mph. CRE, I guess this might be the noise you spoke about. I checked the critical speed of the drive shaft at http://www.wallaceracing.com/driveshaftspeed.htm and with my guess of driveshaft wall thickness , it came back with a critical speed of around 8,000 rpms, so I guess I am below that.
I was surprised how easy it the driveshaft is to change. The nuts attaching the driveshaft to the differential were tight, but overall it was a breeze.
Is it unusual that no transmission fluid came out of the transmission when I pulled the driveshaft? I did have the rear of the car up jacked up about a foot.
CRE, thanks for the input you gave me. Really appreciate it.
BillW is offline   Reply With Quote