View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916MKIIIx2 View Post
from what my instructors told me and from what I looked up, you don't even need the bumper bar
Well, that's the kind of advice you get from asking a knitting instructor about car stuff. I'm sorry, but either you weren't listening or they thought you were talking about a 'track only' vehicle. That bar could be one thing which would have saved your life in a severe front end collision. It's not just a matter of your driving skills but that of those you share the road with as well. Also, if you remove or modify (in such a way as to not meet legal requirements) safety devices which are required by law you give at fault parties a way to back out of paying for damages they do to you and your car... or at least you give them a way to fight the thing to the point of never paying you a dime.

Wait... "weld to the frame work"... what bar are you talking about here anyway? The bumper (the actual monstrous beast which absorbs impact is a bolt in assembly... at least on my car and the one from which my new bumper cover was pulled.

Post pictures, I'm lost now.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote