View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #25
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going to tell you whether you should worry about the thinner HG or not... I don't know what else was done. I'd ask the previous owner if he happens to have a list of all the specs from the rebuild. Mainly you want to know how much material was shaved off the head and how much off the block, then you want to know if it was bored over and the thickness of the head gasket.

What you're referring to is the SuperMonitor. It was an option for pre89 MKIIIs, not available for 89+. I don't know that I'd say they're super rare... They're not common, but they're easy enough to find. I've actually got two or three packed up somewhere. They were very cool for the time and they're an excellent reminder of how far ahead of the curve Toyota was back then.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote