View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
mirage83
12psi boost

mirage83 is on a distinguished road

As long as you're already in there I'd spend a little time working on some things you can't get to otherwise. When I pulled my dash for the heater core replacement I went ahead and sanded & painted the dash reinforcement bar (it was bad rusty, got rust stains over everything it touched). It looked better, and was much neater to work with and around. I also went to the trouble of redoing all the foam in and on the air box and ductwork. The foam that was there had all deteriorated long ago (it's an '88) and was allowing air around all the different baffles and doors which couldn't seal anymore. Made a noticable difference when I had the fan on.

Oh, a couple of fair warnings. The wiring harness plugs behind the drivers side kick panel were a serious PITA to get loose. Just wouldn't release without a lot of cussing and dire threats. Also, the dead pedal will have to be pulled if you haven't done it yet due to the bolt/screw hiding behind it which holds a panel in place. The head on the bolts on those things tend to rust, so they may give you some problems and try to strip.

Last edited by mirage83; 12-12-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: edited to add additional information
mirage83 is offline   Reply With Quote