View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 02:21 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

CSF and Koyo are both brands I trust; I have not used OEM replacement radiators made by either though.

A "relatively" inexpensive upgrade (for those wanting to go that route) is the Koyo performance radiator for the 1JZ and adding a $40 transmission fluid cooler. Along with extending the transmission fluid lines I imagine that if you shopped around and did your own work you could do it for about $400.

The stock Toyota radiator IS rebuildable too. If the parts are available, ordering what you need along with new seals and having a radiator shop reassemble and pressure test it is going to be the mid-priced option.

The parts catalogs list a different part number for GE radiators and GTE radiators.. I do not know what the differences are there, most likely it's a capacity thing.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote