View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
MA70-3.0GT
12psi boost

MA70-3.0GT is on a distinguished road

Even better, I have an electric shower that actually gives HOT water (unlike most) so it's great, all I have to do is move the parts over to the sink & rinse them off! Oh and being single kinda helps things along a bit too, no woman's tying me down unless I find her doing a crank job on her Skyline or summat!!!

I'm guessing the head bolts were never re-torqued then seeing as it wasn't run much. Definitely on the list for running-in then. Unless composite HG's are available in different thicknesses I'd imagine it's stock (vernier gives it as between 1.5 & 1.08 but it's been mullered about a bit since it came off anyways). I don't think I'll be doing much tuning-wise yet so I'll stick with 1.37 for now, if i do decide to "fettle" it a bit later on I'll likely tear the whole thing down again, skim & lap both head & block and fit a MHG to be safe.

For now all I'm after is a sweet running stocker with no BHG worries so I can get on & sort any chassis/brake or other issues that pop up when I get on the road...

'89 Honda NC27 400, NC23 cams, open pipe, PC36a shock & possibly Showa USD forks...

'83 Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II, number 69 off the line, only runner in the country? Original except Koni shocks

'95 Honda PC26 CB500R, Winter hack, hateful, trying to sell it
I'm not paranoid, they really ARE after me!!!
MA70-3.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote