Thread: RWD Benefits??
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 02:43 AM   #4
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road

The way I've always seen it is FWD will pull the car while RWD pushes it.. When you have a heavy object on wheels, is it easier to pull it? or push it? IMO, puttin your back into it and pushin goes a lot further than breakin your back pulling... I've also always been superstitious that FWD cars are more likely to break their motor mounts as a rear wheel drive and the RWD might twist with torque when the mounts are broken, but a FWD car w/ broken mounts looks like the engine is ready to jump right out if you slam the gas too hard..

The only practicle use for FWD over a RWD that I've seen or experienced is snow driving... I'd rather drive w/ a FWD in the snow than a RWD simply cause it's better grip. A FWD will turn the direction the front wheels are pointed because the momentum is also the point of turning. A RWD car will also turn towards the direction the wheels are turned but might not follow the direction the wheels are turned as the rear end generates the momentum while the front turns...
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote