View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #9
2Fast2Furious
3" Exhaust

2Fast2Furious is on a distinguished road

no wonder there was such a lose in power she was running on 4 cyclinders. turned out it was a faulty coil. only cost €30 for a new one and to be fitted. he said there should be a great improvement in fuel consumption - heres hoping but she sounds great and drives great.

however the mechanic still recommended I go to Toyota garage for Diagnosic system test because the engine still cuts out ever now and again when near stopping in low gear which is unrelated to the lose of power which is now fixed. so I will leave her in on Monday.

turns out that ROCKET HEAD GASKET is leaking oil and that is the burning smell under the hood so Toyota garage can replace that also. I found a link below with same problem on Skyline http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...sk-t71313.html. It seems the leaking ROCKET HEAD GASKET AND FECKED UP IDLYING may be related or could just be a coincidence.

In the thread in link above it mentioned idlying problem having something to do with the throttle body bypass being dirty. What are your thoughts on this?

will keep you's posted.

Last edited by 2Fast2Furious; 12-04-2009 at 11:33 PM.
2Fast2Furious is offline   Reply With Quote