View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
MA70-3.0GT
12psi boost

MA70-3.0GT is on a distinguished road

Contrary to popular belief no 4-stroke engine "needs" back pressure, for reasons which I'm not going to bother going into lest I open a whole nasty can of worms...

Anyway, all I'm saying is that removing or gutting a cat should have no effect on your turbo's operation. For the benefit of people who haven't seen your other thread, what is the actual problem you're having? Lack of power?

If so (and I'm guessing you gutted the cat because it was damaged already?) the escaped material from inside the convertor may be blocking the exhaust further down, it usually gets trapped in the back box. Pulling the whole system off & cleaning it out is the solution to this (or ideally replacement).

Let us know what the actual problem is if not that & I'll have another stab at it.

'89 Honda NC27 400, NC23 cams, open pipe, PC36a shock & possibly Showa USD forks...

'83 Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II, number 69 off the line, only runner in the country? Original except Koni shocks

'95 Honda PC26 CB500R, Winter hack, hateful, trying to sell it
I'm not paranoid, they really ARE after me!!!
MA70-3.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote