View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 02:35 AM   #67
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I very strongly recommend you find a complete MKIII with turbo from the factory... A GE-T build isn't the easiest/most reliable thing; There's a lot you're going to need otherwise and you'll be piecing things together for a while. (trust me on this )

If you are still interested in going GE-T aka N/A-T then read through this thread:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34560

My car is a N/A-T. I'm running a stock 7M-GE with a stock CT-26 turbo, custom full flow oil cooler with thermostat, 7M-GE electronics with a MAFT Pro for fuel, timing and boost control and AFM deletion, LC-1 wideband (for tuning and open loop AFR tracking via the MAFT Pro), and a matched set of injectors (less than .5% variance on average; actually, they're rated 520cc/min at 45psi but I'm running closer to the stock fuel pressure). I'm running a stock composite HG with ARP head bolts torqued to 75ft lbs. I'm still running on the W58 (I don't expect it to last too long).

All in all I've got a lot invested in just the conversion.... then there's the supporting mods and maintenance.

There are a lot of people who think "Oh, I'll just mount the turbo, swap injectors and add an intercooler."; sadly, their setups don't often last... sometimes they do, but I think that's more a matter of luck.

I don't expect my setup to last more than a few years. If/when it does die I'll either buy a complete GTE and swap over what I want to keep; Or I'll move on completely and put the MKIII behind me.

Oh, I'm not walking you through this.... I'm just bored...
cre is offline   Reply With Quote