View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #61
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbikeguy View Post
hey Cre,

do you know alot about timing? i was told i should time my vehicle for my driving style while its in this stage. is there a way to do that without getting adjustable cams?
Well, you could get custom cams built.... lol... other than that, no, adjustable gears are it and they're somewhat of waste on a N/A, IMO.

Yeah, that freeze plug sure wasn't helping.... I'm surprised you never saw any coolant leaking.

600+ HP on a stock HG?! That'd be the day... well, maybe it'd last for 2, but that's about it. I wouldn't trust the stock HG for more than about 350RWHP... not if I wanted it to last (and that's pushing it as far as I'm concerned).

Block and HG measurements are here:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...sket+thickness
As you don't know what's been previously taken off the block and head your machinist will need to measure both and you'll need to select a suitable head gasket after.

NOTE: Composite (OEM) head gaskets are NOT reusable!!!!
cre is offline   Reply With Quote