View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road

if you don't have cash, a jz swap isn't really an option... they will require a different ECU, wire harness, engine mounts?, transmission?, if not more... I was looking at a 1jz myself till I heard the cost of labor to install it is about the same as the 2jz... but all in all, it's just too much money, so I'm more focused on a 7mgte swap... and if that's what you have in there now, you wouldn't have to worry about ecu, wire harness, mounts, transmission, none of that... and 7mgte's are just as cheap as that 2jz you mentioned.. might not have the high end output potential, but still can do quite a bit with a 7mgte than you can a 7mge (which is what I have atm).

Personally, if I didn't have money, I wouldn't be wasting $800 on a 20+ yr old car that blue books for < $3k.. and I love my mk3... I just wouldn't do it.. however, we all have different level of skillsets, knowledge and know-how... mine is very bottom level, yours might be strong enough to cover all this on your own... in which case I wish you luck and hope it turns out good for you..
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote