View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
MA70-3.0GT
12psi boost

MA70-3.0GT is on a distinguished road

Not sure if the factory immobiliser was fitted to all cars & a lot have had it removed/disabled in order to fit aftermarket systems like mine has. The only knowledge I have of the system is that it disables the ignition until it senses (through switches in the door lock barrels) either door being locked & unlocked with a key.

Like I say usually the problem with this is the switch in the driver's door wearing out & usually you can get round it by locking & then unlocking the passenger door with the key.

To be honest I don't think (although not 100%) this would affect the ignition lights or anything else & I'd be more inclined to check wiring connections, fuses & relays & definitely the ignition switch as I mentioned before going as far as the ECU. There's some good information & diagrams on this site http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...x?S=Main&P=032 which you should find useful, I've linked you to the fuses page so you can find what each fuse is responsible for & test if they are A. Not blown (test with a meter as old fuses can crack & look OK when they're not) and B. that each fuse holder is getting a 12v supply when it should be (bearing in mind that with the fuse removed the supply should only be to one side of the holder).

I can't really say for sure what would be causing a fault like this apart from what I've listed, but for my money if the fuses etc are all good I'd wonder if the ignition switch was working OK... Maybe someone has experienced something similar & can offer a more definitive suggestion than just working through the lot of it methodically?

'89 Honda NC27 400, NC23 cams, open pipe, PC36a shock & possibly Showa USD forks...

'83 Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II, number 69 off the line, only runner in the country? Original except Koni shocks

'95 Honda PC26 CB500R, Winter hack, hateful, trying to sell it
I'm not paranoid, they really ARE after me!!!
MA70-3.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote