View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #60
boner1115
Intake

boner1115 is on a distinguished road
Default Chromo???

well if you are going to use 4130 chromo which i assume is what you mean your gunna be spending somewhat on the lines of 1500 bucks just on tube alone no labor, not to mention your gunna need to get it heat treated. How many places are going to have an oven and an oil bath large enough for that, that is somewhat affordable (none) and the only way your going to get any benifit from 4130 chomo is if you get ti heat treated and normalized. If you want a tube chassis you should use plain old 1026 DOM.

And realistically i wouldn't even cut the weight out of the car. i used to have a mk2 that had a couple of car fires and there was litterally no interior at all, because it was all burnt out. and all it really did for me was killed the ability for the car to make a turn with out loosing traction in the back. so unless you can cut out the weight in an even distribution i really wouldn't recommend it.

but hey if anyone does let me know I always wanted to know how fast it would be in a strait line after cutting tons of weight. haha
boner1115 is offline   Reply With Quote